Monday 7 March 2016

Treasure Box IX: Food Fortune Teller

We call this craft-work a "Food fortune teller". 


When it is closed, you see eight different colours...

The activity involves folding a paper to make a toy that fits over students fingers. Once they can open and close it, they are ready to play!  

Students have to cut and fold this paper.

It is an excellent language activity and it can be adapted in lots of different ways. We are not only practising food, "Do you like...?" question and "yes, I do/ No, I don't" answers, but we are also remembering colours and numbers.

And when you open it, the food we are learning!

Students work in pairs and they follow this dialogue: 

- Say a number from one to ten.
- Eight.
- Choose a colour, please.
- Blue.
- Do you like...?
- Yes, I do/ No, I don't.

Amaia from Maribi's classroom was sharing with us the one she did at home:









I AM SURE YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME PLAYING AT HOME TOO!

Remember to write the title here